The Movement Centre is a charity. We provide a specialist therapy called Targeted Training to help children gain functional skills and independence. Targeted Training works best when it is delivered in addition to regular physiotherapy. You can find out more about Targeted Training here.
We are keen to talk to professionals about Targeted Training. We work alongside:
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Other healthcare and legal professional
Our team welcome visits from professionals who would like to discuss Targeted Training. If you would like to enquire about visiting our centre please contact us. We also have a number of resources available on our website, which you are welcome to download.
Our team are also happy to come and meet with you and your colleagues to discuss Targeted Training.
Making a referral
If you are thinking about making a referral or sign-posting one of your patients, then we are happy to discuss this with you.
We will ensure that, with the family’s agreement, we will:
- Follow up every referral made in a timely manner
- Assess each child who is referred to establish if they are suitable for Targeted Training
- Liaise with appropriate commissioning agencies regarding placement funding, where appropriate
- Provide comprehensive reports and recommendations
If you would like to enquire about making a referral please contact us.
Please note that while we also welcome referrals directly from families, it is preferable to have a supporting referral from a healthcare professional. Furthermore, a referral from a professional is essential if the family would like to explore NHS funding.